Sunday, April 7, 2013

Childhood Favorites

I love sharing books that I loved as a child with my own child. A recent example are the Little Miss and Mr. Men books. I liked these when i was much older than Mia (she's only 3, while I remember liking them when I was old enough to read them myself), but she loves them! We've been checking out  bunches each time we visit the library...and I think we will need to buy the whole set. 

They're such silly little "fluff" books...they don't have the greatest plots OR illustrations, but Mia likes them and so did I (and my younger sister...as well as other adults who also grew up in the 1980's)...so that's all that matters. 

It's so important for reading to be FUN for kids. Parents shouldn't force them to read what they want or think are better books all of the time. 


What are some of your childhood favorites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment